Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dystopian Wars!




Well there we are. The newest gaming 'fad' (hopfully not) to head into our sector. A bunch of the boys at the FLGS bought in and I thought why not - cheaper then the average GW purchace, I'd just sold my O&G army - sure!

That was about a month ago, home life has been busy, so I haven't gotten in a game yet, but the escallation league kicks off in two weeks, and I'm really looking forword to it.

This is my first spartan games purchase. As you can see my choice is the Prussains, purly on astectics - and the idea of course of 'tesla coils', and the WWI look was a big sell for me (at least the naval aspect) I'm really impressed by the models, and for the scale I'm finding them pretty easy to paint.
I've often wanted to play something on an 'epic' scale, but with a cheaper buy in; and with 8th ed fantasy removing movement as a tactical factor, this looks like it will fill that nitch a bit.

So here's to hoping it takes off!

No comments:

Post a Comment